Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Scary/Sad Day In AL

Let me first start of this post by saying I am so grateful that we were spared the fury of the storm that ripped though Tuscaloosa and parts of Birmingham yesterday. I will never forget the live images of the Tornado as it hit the ground in Tuscaloosa. You didn't have to be there on
the ground to know that it was destructive and that the after math would forever change the lives of many.

I am thanking God today that the Tornado missed our house and the city of Trussville and I am also thankful that Josh decided to come home form work early yesterday because the Tornado dropped down about 150 yards from his office. He said when he got there this morning that there were power lines and traffic lights down everywhere.

We had a good bit of wind yesterday afternoon but nothing destructive, we did however accumulate some debris in our yard from the tornado. At first I thought this is possibly from Tuscaloosa and carried all the way here but could not confirm until I found a piece of a check with a Tuscaloosa address. I have never been so close to something and I am just amazed at the destruction that has occurred in the state of Alabama.

Please keep the state of Alabama as well as the other states that were effected by these terrible storms that blew through the state yesterday, April 27th, in your prayers. The affected areas have a long road ahead and will need all the help and prayers they can get as they begin to rebuild and regroup.


Destruction In Tuscaloosa

Some debris found in the yard, likely pieces of someones home.
Found in the back yard

The Check I found, take a look at the address!


No comments: