Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Babywise = Happy Boys

I am not usually one to get on here and preach about my parenting style or to endorse parenting styles but I love Babywise! Why you might ask, well my two boys have both been babywise babies and they both have been so happy. Charlie thrived on a schedule as a baby and he continues to do very well as he gets older and I know once he gets to big school this will be a great foundation for him.

His little brother is much like he was as a baby and his desire to be on a schedule is very clear to me every day. I think he knows his schedule better then me and will let me know if I am late for a feeding or late putting him down for a nap. He is a great sleeper and puts him self to sleep for the most part, there are a few days where he will fuss for a few minutes but then fall fast a sleep and will wake up at practically the same time every day from each nap! Of course there are the days when that 45 minutes intruder sneaks in but I am learned to work with it and can usually get him settled back down.

Don't get me wrong I am not a super strict babywise momma, I do leave room from some flexibility. There may be days where Coleman wakes up early or late in the morning and we just adjust our schedule by either thirty minutes or an hour. Then there are the days when we are out and he may not get his morning nap in his bed which is not a huge deal. I do try to leave a few things consistent, his afternoon nap is always from 2 -4 (along with big brother) and he always goes to bed at 7:30 (if he is fussy he may go at 7:15 but never later then 7:30).

I know this style of parenting won't work for everyone but for me it has been what works and I have two very happy and easy going boys. For all my friends out there who are soon to be mommy's or those that are mommy's and are thinking of reading up on Babywise I would highly recommend that you give the book a shot.


My first Babywise Boy is almost 3!

Look how happy this guy is to be a Babywise Baby!
Charlie wanted to take more pictures!

Charlie being silly and Coleman is serious!


No comments: