Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Charlie and the Great Pumpkin Patch!

Today we took Charlie to "The Great Pumpkin Patch" in Hayden, AL, and we all had a great time. It was a perfect fall day with the temperature getting to about 65 degrees and sunny skies, we couldn't have asked for a better day. It's day like today that remind me why I love fall so much, don't get me wrong I love summer and the beach but I absolutely love when the weather gets a little cooler with a nice breeze and you have to pull out the jeans and sweaters.

We got to the pumpkin patch a little after 11:00 and much to my surprise the place was packed and we had a little trouble find a parking spot. After we finally found a spot and got inside we enjoyed a show from a local dance theater, I love watching itty bitties dancing, they always look so cute following along and doing the steps. After watching for a few minutes we decided it was time to go to the patch and pick our pumpkins. We took a hayride up to the patch, which was Charlies first hayride and I am pretty sure he enjoyed it. When we got to the patch we walked around for about 15 minutes looking for 2 perfect pumpkins. We wanted one big one and one littler one for Charlie. After scouring the patch we found our two pumpkins and headed back to the farm area. Josh and I enjoyed a funnel cake and listened to some little kids sing when we got back from the patch. Charlie is still fighting his cold and I think it is making him sleepy so while Josh and I were eating our funnel cake he fell asleep. We were going to do the petting zoo but decided not to because Charlie was sleeping and we didn't want to wake him up, so we decided to head back home, maybe next year he will get to check out all the animals.

We had a great day as a family and look forward to many more of these events in the years to come. I know Charlie won't remember this year but I hope this becomes a tradition and when he gets older and has his own kids he can take them and tell them how much he loved it as a kid.

The Wood's on the Hayride
Daddy and Charlie on the Hayride Charlie and the Great PumpkinCrabby boy in the Patch
Mommy and Charlie
Riding around at the Patch
Mommy and Charlie again
Charlie and Mommy in the Pumpkin Patch

No comments: