Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

5 Months Old

Yesterday was Charlies five month birthday and I know I say it every month but I can't believe another month has gone by and he has been with us for this long. He is really starting to come into his little personality, the smiles and giggles are abundant these days. He has been talking for a while now but he has gotten more so talkative in the last month. It is so fun to hear him talk to his toys every day on the way to school. I really think he is starting to gain some weight too his little pants are starting to fit and they don't fall off anymore when he has them on, even though I don't know his exact weight gain that is some solid proof for me that he is gaining.

Charlie had a very big weekend that all started Friday night. On Friday night we headed to Books-A-Million at Brookwood Mall for a book signing. If you don't know I am a huge fan of Fox and Friends and Steve Doocy was in town to sign his new book "Tales from the Dad Side". Of course I had to go, Josh said if I could go at lunch and get a good number then we could go. Well I ended up getting number 31, which I though was pretty good, so Josh said we could go. After hearing Mr Doocy speak we waited in line for about 30 minutes and Charlie got to meet his first celebrity and have his picture taken with him. He was so nice to both Josh and I am made funny faces at Charlie to try to get him to smile, which he did, but he was a little tired so it was not full hearted. After leaving the signing we headed to dinner where CP fell asleep.

Charlie meeting Steve Doocy

Saturday was a big day for Charlie, he started eating rice cereal and the verdict is that he hates it. We gave him some Saturday night and he wasn't to keen on it. I thought it may have been because he was tired so I decided to put him to bed and try again in the morning. On Sunday morning I tried again and it was still a no go, I even tried to mix it with apple juice to see if he would like it better but he still seemed to not care for it. Since he didn't like the cereal Josh and I decided to get some apples and make apple sauce for him, which he seemed to like much more. He ate a whole bowl of it with no screaming, crying or turning away at one point he grabbed the spoon and tried to feed himself, I had to help him a little with this. I will continue to try the cereal because I don't' know if he needs to get use to it or not but in a week or two if he still reacts the same way I may stop giving him the cereal and just focus on introducing new fruits and veggies. As for the fruits and veggies we plan on making them like we did the applesauce I plan on adding carrot to his diet next so I will have to keep every one posted on how that goes over.

What the heck is this!

Not to sure about the Cereal I may look happy but I am not Feeding myself applesauce I need a bath now
Charlie also got a new toy this weekend, we thought he was getting bored with just playing on the floor so we bought him the Baby Einstein activity jumper. He really seems to like being able to stand and play with all the toys and listen to the music that plays. The jumper turns so he can get to all the toys put he hasn't quit figured out how to make it turn so we have to rotate the seat so he can see all his toys.

I Love Froggies

I love my new Jumper Playing with the toys that spin
Hey mommy and daddy thanks for my new toy
I guess that covers all the big news that is going on with Charlie over the last week or so. I hope you enjoy all the pictures that I finally got around to posting.

No comments: