Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

Yesterday was my first Mothers Day with my little boy here, last year as everyone know we were anxiously awaiting his arrival and he graced us with his presence three days after Mothers Day so I didn't officially get to celebrate. This last year with Charlie here in our lives has been so amazing and I never could fully comprehend what being a mother was all about until the day I set my eyes on that little boy of ours. I always loved my mom and had great admiration and respect for her but now being a mother myself I realize how much she has sacrificed to give my brothers and I such a wonderful life. I am also grateful for my mother-in-law for the sacrifices she made to raise such a wonderful son and I hope that like both my mom and my mother-in-law that my little boy will grow to be a wonderful man someday.

As for my first Mothers Day, it was wonderful, I would have liked to sleep in a little later then normal but waking up early is part of the sacrifices we make so we can spend time with our children. Yesterday morning I was woken up at about 6:30, Charlie was so excited he couldn't wait any longer to give me my Mothers Day gift. With his Daddy's help Charlie colored me a picture and he also gave me 2 Cards one from him and Dixie and one he made at school with his little feet stamped on it. After I opened my cards Josh gave me the gift that he and CP had made, it was a picture frame. On one side was a picture of CP and on the other were his tiny little hands imprinted in clay with dirt specks and all. This is definitely a gift I will cherish as he gets older and those little hands get bigger, I will be able to look back and remember just how tiny he once was.

Josh and Charlie took me out for lunch after church, we went to eat Japanese and I don't know if we will take Charlie back for a while, he was not a fan of the fire at all. After lunch we had to run errand, one of which was to Bed Bath and Beyond where I got my new Dyson Pet vacuum, this was my gift to myself on Mothers Day and I am so excited about it. Of course I ended up not getting the right one at first so once we got home Josh called the BB&B by us to see if they had the Dyson Ball pet and they did so being the good husband that he is he went back out for me so that I could vacuum. For all those wondering why he didn't vacuum for me on Mothers Day, it is because I wanted to, yes you read that right, I wanted to take my new vacuum for its inaugural run and man did it do the job.

This was by far a wonderful day and I feel so lucky and blessed to be Charlie's mom and can't wait to see what future has in store for him and our family.

No comments: