Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday CP!

Today we wish our little guy a Very Happy 1st Birthday! It is still hard to believe that a year ago we were heading to the hospital full of anticipation and a little fear and a few short hours after we arrived we were holding our little miracle from God. He has truly been the best blessing that we have ever received and we continue to feel so happy that God chosen us to be his parents.

As today approached I wasn't sure how I would feel, if I would be excited or sad and today I am feeling both emotions. Excited because we have made it through a year and our little guy is doing great and a little sad because he is no longer a baby, he is turning into a big boy. Last night as I was finishing up our last late evening feeding (that I am sure we could have dropped for months now), I realized that I would never nurse CP again and I got pretty sad but then I thought about all the new things we would get to experience together. So in closing this chapter of our life we our just opening a new one that will be just as exciting and filled with just as much love.

In this past year our little guy has changed so much and it seems like it all happened in the blink of an eye. One day he was very needy and couldn't do anything for himself and the next he was sitting up on his own, crawling, standing, using a sippy cup and eating by himself. He truly has become a very independent little boy, but at times he still will let mommy and daddy help which makes us very happy. We still don't have a walker yet but I think that is soon to come as well and with that will come new challenges for us and more Independence for CP.
May 14, 2008, minutes old
May 14, 2009 waking upShoveling that food in on my Birthday!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

A very happy birthday to you, little Mr Charlie! We love you!