Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

First Beach Trip

For the Fourth of July Josh, Charlie and I headed down to the cottage for what would be Charlies first of many Beach trips. We arrived in Panama City on Thursday and stayed through Sunday. This weekend Charlie had many firsts: Uncle Jordan and Poppa Jim held him for the first time, he put his toes in the sand and the ocean for the first time, and he saw Fireworks for the first time.

On Friday while Josh played gold I had planned to sit on the deck to enjoy the sun, I though Charlie would go down for a nap but he had other things in mind he wanted nothing to do with that. So I decided that I would lather him up with sunscreen and put on his bathing suit and let him sit outside, under his sun shade of course, and we would enjoy the beautiful day together. No sooner do I get him situated outside does he end up falling asleep for almost 3 hours. I wasn't to worried since there was a good breeze and I had an umbrella over his sunshade so no sun was getting in. Josh and I decided he really likes to be outside it always makes him happy when he is fussy.

After Josh and his dad got back from golfing we all headed down to take Charlie to the beach and see what he thought. Josh stood at the waters edge and sat Charlie down and he seemed to enjoy every minute of it. We had to watch out though, there was an abundance of Jelly Fish and I didn't want my little boy to get stung on his first trip. We hung out on the beach for a little bit before we had to head up and get ready for dinner.

After dinner on the Fourth we went to the Tindell's condo to watch the fireworks. Charlie didn't seem to mind them at first but after about 10 minutes he was finished, I am not sure if it was the big booms or that he was just tired. Non the less I decided to take him inside and he we watched the Fireworks in Boston on the TV.

On Saturday Jim and Linda left and Josh, Charlie and I hung around for one more day.First thing in the morning we took Charlie back down to the beach for a little stroll. When we got back to the house I repeated the routine from the day before and Charlie seemed to enjoy it just as well. In the afternoon Josh and I decided to check out the new shops at Pier Park, Charlie slept the entire time and was just as happy as a clam as we strolled him around.

We headed home Sunday with one very tired little boy and two very tired parents. It was fun to bring Charlie to the beach for the first time and get to experience it with him. I can't wait till we go back for Labor day and we get to seem him in the water again.

Our Little Family at the Beach

Charlie snozzing in his sun shade
First time in the water with Mom
Charlie and Mommy at the Beach Charile and Daddy at the Beach


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlie is too cute and you look great, Becky! Y'all make the perfect family. I am so glad life seems to be treating you well. Take care :)