Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

And it has started...

Labor has started. The doctor came in about 7:15 and broke her water so the induction has started. He said it would probably be this afternoon before we get any real action. She is still dilated about 2.5CM and is averaging about 5 contractions per hour. They waiting game continues...

9:00 AM - The anesthesiologist came in and put in her epidural.

11:30 AM- We are still waiting on Chuck to make his move. Bec is 4 CM dilated and feeling pretty good from the drugs.

12:00 PM- Well, we are half way there. The nurse just came in and Bec is 5CM. I think Chuck is comfortable and doesn't want to leave the condo.

1:00 PM - And the race is on. Bec is 7CM dilated and Charlie is heading South. The nurse has stated that we will start pushing in about 45 minuets.

1:30 PM - And it' stime to start pushing.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Tell Bec she's lucky as hell to get an epidural already, my doctor won't even start one until 4cm. Can't wait for the next update!! I've told her a million times how excited I am, but congratulations to you too, proud Daddy-to-be!

Mike and Allison said...

How exciting!! Good luck with everything today, we will keep yall in our prayers! Make sure to post some pictures of that precious angel when he arrives today!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited!!!!!!!!Maybe he decided it was time when you started calling him Charlie instead of Chuck. Sounds right, huh?

Anonymous said...

IS HE HERE YET!?!?!?!!?!?! Oh my gosh, i can't believe i'm at work and Becky is delivering a baby as we speak!!! Josh, i'm thinking about you and can't wait to meet Charlie!! Tell him to hurry!
-Elizabeth

Courtney said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who is treating Becky's labor as my own version of "The Truman Show"... I've been watching all day, I can't even pretend I'm focused on work.