Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

Seeing as it has been almost a month since I last updated I thought it was high time I give everyone a glimpse into our slightly chaotic lives right now. Life with our two year old little boy is quite busy right now and he isn't so much a little boy anymore, which is making me sad that he is getting so big.

A little over a week ago we transitioned from the Crib to the Big Boy Bed! This meant that Charlie would be moving out of his nursery and would be moving down the hall to a new room that is still in progress. It also meant a few sleepless nights for Mommy and Daddy! The first night went well, it was on Sunday and he slept all night and didn't wake up until Josh went to get him the next morning. Night two, well it was a disaster to say the least. He ate late, which meant he went to bed late and he had trouble falling asleep and at about 12:00 I heard the baby gate clanking at the top of the stairs and a child screaming on the monitor. It took me 3 hours to get him back to sleep. Night 3 went much better, CP fell asleep in bed at 7:10 which was 20 minutes before bed time, I guess when you stay up all night you will do that, and we didn't hear from him until we woke him the next morning. Night 4, there was no screaming we just had a little visitor in our room around 1:00 who would not go back to bed until 3. At this point I was not sure how many more sleepless nights this Momma could handle and then night 5 we turned a corner and we didn't have a visitor until 6 night 6 was much the same except he visited us at about 5 but went back to sleep so I was fine with that. We have since but a child lock over his door knob so he can't get out of his room until we come and get him in this morning.

Last night was the big test for both CP and me, I started out laying in bed with him and stayed until he fell asleep and then I moved to the floor and would sit and wait until he would fall asleep before leaving. He has always cried before he goes to sleep and I knew once he figured out he could get out of bed that he would never stay in his bed, he never figured out how to get out of his crib so we always just let him cry for his usually 5 minutes and he would go to sleep. Well last night I sat with him for a few minutes and then told him that I was going to go and would be back "soon" and that he needed to stay in his bed until mommy came back. I knew it might be a stretch for him but I shut the door and walked about. CP wailed for a good 15 minutes before I didn't hear him anymore. I went to check on him before I went to bed expecting that he would be on the floor next to the door asleep but much to my surprise he stayed put in his bed and was fast asleep.

CP is still pumped about his big boy bed and loves his Choo Choo sheets! We still have yet to finish up his big boy room but I have a feeling in the next few weeks it will be coming together and will be all finished up. We need to clean out the closet and get a few pieces of furniture from Chattanooga still and move out a few things and he will be all set!

No comments: