Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Real Booboo!

It took nearly 8 months but Charlie had his first non doctor related booboo with blood last night. I know it is the first of many more to come but I couldn't help but feel awful about not preventing it.

Josh, Charlie and I were all playing as we normally do before Charlie goes to bed and for the past few days Charlie has gotten pretty good at standing while holding onto a table. I was letting Charlie stand and play at the coffee table last night when his little legs got a little to far apart and starting getting wobbly. Both Josh and I could see what was about to happen but we weren't able to catch him before he took a nose dove to the ground, on his way down he caught the coffee table with his little mouth. Now we have a very unhappy baby on our hands, Charlie started to cry and scream but that only lasted maybe a minute before he was okay. Both Josh and I looked at each other and though it must not have been as bad as we thought, then I looked down and blood was all in his mouth. That is when I got upset especially since I felt in a way it was my fault for not catching him before he caught him self on the table. We didn't really know what he had cut in his mouth, at first we thought he bit his tongue, but the child has no teeth so that ruled tongue biting out for me. After a few minutes we were finally able to figure out that the blood was coming from his upper lip, he cut the little part where the lip and the gums join. After many hugs and kisses, water and quick clean up he was headed to bed happy as a clam. He did wake up with morning with a little blood on his checks and Josh and I are pretty sure that it was from him chewing on the plastic part of his paci and irritating the area.

Note to self baby's are quick and thing can happen in the blink of an eye, even if you are watching them they can still get hurt.

No comments: