Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Sick Little Boy!

On Wednesday October 29 Josh called me to tell me that Charlie was running a fever of 102 and needed to be picked up from daycare. This being the first time that Charlie had really spiked a fever I was worried and a million things were running through my mind about what might be wrong. I first thought the cold he has had for almost three weeks had gotten worse and that was what was causing the fever. We called the doctor and spoke to the on call nurse, it would be our luck that our pediatrician closes early on Wednesday, much to our surprise she told us that his fever wasn't to bad but made an appointment for us with the on call clinic at Pediatrics East to get him checked out. By the time we got to the doctor Charlie was a ball of fire he was so hot from the fever and after waiting for what seemed to be forever we finally saw the doctor and found out our poor little boy had infections in both ears. I would have never guessed this because he never pulled at them or acted like they were bothering him, he acted like his normal happy little self. We got some antibiotics, Tylenol and Motrin for him as well as lots of hugs and kisses and he is on the mend. I am so grateful that Shug was able to come down and keep him on Thursday and Friday so I didn't have to miss any work and I know she took great care of him and he got a little spoiled, which I think every sick baby should be. Stay tuned for Halloween pictures!

No comments: