Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Again!

I know I said after the last post that the next one would not be about a sick baby, well I lied, our poor little guy has another ear infection. I got another call yesterday from School saying Charlie had spiked a fever of 103, which I couldn't believe because I took his temp before we left for school and it was perfect. Josh went to get him and he spent the day with Rachel, Isabella and Isaac and I wondered all day what it might be. The more I thought about and the more I talked to other about it the more it made sense that it was another ear infection. We came to this conclusion because the night before he had trouble sleeping, he could only fall asleep if he was up right and every time we laid him down he would just scream, which is very out of character for him. We knew he couldn't go back to school so it was RaRa to the rescue, my mom came in last night and took Charlie to see Dr. Joe this morning where the pesky little ear infection was confirmed. It was only in his right ear this time so at lease it wasn't both and hopefully once we get a few doses of antibiotics in him he will be on the mend again. I hope that the next time we go back is for his 6 month check up, that should have been today but due to the hives on Monday we decided to postpone it until the day after Thanksgiving.

Now for a little funny story that Charlie will most likely be embarrassed by when he is a teenager. Last night we decided to give Charlie a cool bath to try to break his fever, our little guy was just playing away and had been in there for a few minutes (note: even with a fever he is still happy as a clam). I was doing some stuff in our room and Josh has been watching him while he was playing, when Josh went to grab the towel he turned around to a very red faced little boy. No he wasn't having a tantrum or anything he was pooping in the tub. The next thing I hear is Josh screaming in the bathroom as well as laughing. I knew at that point what Charlie had done. Luckily Josh scooped him up while he was pooping so none of it got on him it all just ended up in the tub. We both looked at each other and just laughed, we knew it was bound to happen at some point and we were actually surprised it hadn't happened before he was 6 months old.

This time I promise the next post will not be about a sick baby and it will contain pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so funny! When you gotta go you gotta go! I cannot imagine the funny and neat things you & Josh have experienced. Hope Charlie gets to feeling better!! :-)