Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Working Mom!

As of Monday I have returned back to work and Charlie started daycare. Monday was a pretty rough day for me and for that matter so was Sunday night. Sunday the tears started and they were on and off all day Monday. I only called the daycare twice to check on him which was better then I though I would do, I really thought I would call every hour, but I didn't because when I did call I would start to cry. I was so excited to get off work Monday and I couldn't get to my baby fast enough. When I picked him up he was asleep, he doesn't sleep well at daycare, and he slept for about an hour when we got home. On Tuesday Josh took him for me because I was running late and didn't have the time, it made leaving him the second day easier. I did pick him up and again he was very sleepy but he actually was awake and smiled to let me know he was happy to see me, I think that was the best smile I have seen from him to this point. I took him again on Wednesday and today and he talked up a storm on the way and was all smiles when he saw Ms. Wanda his teacher. She told me he is such a happy little boy and a joy to look after, which makes me so happy to know that he is happy like he was at home. So all in all Charlie's first week at daycare has been great for him, he is just as happy as ever when we get home and is tuckered out by 8:00 and has been sleeping through the night much better this week.

As for me work has been going good and I have really enjoyed where I am working. I am learning about the company more and more everyday and am convinced this is the right place for me. I have been kept busy all week so that has been a plus, I don't know what I would do if my days went by slow. I am looking forward to seeing what my future with Chappelle Consulting will be.

Everyday is getting easier for me (like Molly said it would) but that doesn't mean I don't miss Charlie any less, I do feel like I am missing a part of me all day and I am not whole again until I get him in the afternoon. Thanks to the help of Molly, again, I know that it is good for him to be around other babies and it is good for me to have some interaction with adults and that helps me get through the day. I just wanted to give an update on the new happening in the Wood house, sorry no pictures I don't have the camera with me so everyone will just have to wait until either later today or first thing tomorrow

No comments: